Wednesday 18 November 2015

November 2015 Favourites



Here are some of my favourite diabetes things that I've been using this month. I should really have made this into a video but maybe this will work for now... Please let me know what your favourite diabetes things are! (cont)



First up are these cute pump cases and body straps from Pump Cases. They were sent to me to try out and I'm loving them! Another small blog with more detail will follow soon. The guy who makes them has a whole selection of colours and designs on his website and these 2 caught my eye. The pink paisley is really pretty and eye catching and the black Eiffel Tower case not only looks good but has a handy clip too. Not only are they great designs (I like my pump to be well dressed) but they're a pretty good price too (around the £8-£10 mark)! Check out Pump Cases website and facebook page


 


A bit of a strange one but I love this bread! I've always been a thick sliced white bread kinda gal and nothing could change my mind. OMG door step bread is simply the best!! However, my blood sugars didn't seem to agree that it was the best kind around, so I thought I'd give this a go instead. It's called Burgen and it has 11 grams of carbs per slice. Compare that to my previous 22 (sometimes more!) grams per slice and there's a pretty decent carb saving there. I've actually been eating this for a few months now and haven't had thick white bread since I made the swap. It tastes good, only costs £1 per loaf (in Asda), my blood sugars love it and I've lost a bit of weight since swapping too. Plus it has seeds which give it a great texture. 




Another foodie fav are these sugar free Hartley's jelly pots which have 1 gram (ish) of carbs per pot. They're not exactly an autumn/winter dessert but they satisfy my sweet tooth (which is getting out of control) and I don't need to take insulin for them due to the low carb count! Great stuff! I got these in Asda and they were 5 for £2 :) They're great for lunch boxes (even my grown-up lunch box). 




Many of you will know that I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with my new diabetes gadget, Dee-Dee Dexcom. I know it's not new to many people but it's new to me and I'm in a whole new world of diabetes control. Seriously, in the 13 years that I've had diabetes my control has never been this good. It's easy to use, pain free to insert, has great graphs/charts when uploaded and keeps my attention focused on getting better results. This is a lot more that I can say about this, but do follow me on twitter (@ninjabetic1) and facebook (ninjabetics) for more updates. I would rave about this CGM all day if I could!




My final product to rave about is this first aid tee-tree gel from the Jason range. I was actually sent a bottle of this by a friend 2 years ago and it worked wonders for soothing my angry cannula sites, so I bought another. It's about £2.50 - £3.50 online, so not too pricey, and it lasts absolutely ages as you only need a tiny amount. I find that when I take my insulin pump cannulas out, even after 2 days, I'm left with an angry red lump which can be very sore and itchy! After cleaning the old site I dab a bit of this on it and it instantly feels soothed. I'd definitely recommend trying this if you have angry skin after you take out a pump cannula (or even if this happens when you inject). It smells good too! 




Ninjabetic x 
SHARE:
© It's me, Laura Marie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig