Sunday 20 July 2014

Show me your pump






#showmeyourpump is making the news after Sierra Sandison proudly strutted her stuff and showed off her insulin pump during the Miss Idaho competition. Now people with diabetes all over the world are doing the same and posting pictures of themselves wearing their insulin pumps on facebook, twitter, instagram and more. Not only is the hashtag going viral, but at the same time it's raising awareness for Type 1 diabetes, inspiring others to feel more confident with their insulin pumps, and encouraging people to try insulin pump therapy. 

I'm not one to be shy about getting my pump out and have been posting pictures of my beloved pump (Iain) on twitter and facebook from day one! Nor should I be shy about it... In fact, I love any opportunity to show it off, give a demonstration and answer any questions people have. Some people may think it's strange, but I'm proud to have a portable pancreas - It's far better than my original pancreas. It's an expensive bit of kit that many people want but aren't able to have, for lots of reasons, and it has given me the chance to have more freedom when it comes to living life with diabetes. 

So here are a few pictures from my facebook page of me, proudly showing off my pump!






SHARE:
© It's me, Laura Marie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig