Saturday 1 March 2014

The Diabetes UK Professional Conference


The annual Diabetes UK Professional Conference is being held next week (March 5th-7th) in Liverpool.

"Diabetes UK's Professional Conference is one of the largest healthcare conferences in the UK, attracting up to 3000 attendees.

Innovative and invaluable to healthcare professionals, the conference delivers information on the latest global developments in diabetes care and research, offering a unique opportunity for delegates to network with professionals from varying fields. The exhibition brings together those from voluntary, corporate and pharmaceutical sectors who share an interest in diabetes care." - Diabetes UK.




I am honoured to have been invited back to the conference to give another presentation about the Diabetes Online Community, and this time including Our Diabetes, as part of the Quality in Care (QiC) Diabetes 2013 programme.

During my presentation I'll be talking to diabetes Health Care Professionals (HCPs) about how and why I found the Diabetes Online Community and the way that it has helped me turn my life around for the better. I'll also be showing examples of what the #DOC has done for other patients, parents and also for HCPs. I really want to emphasise how much patients and the people who care for them can be helped with this amazing platform, and how it can assist HCPs in delivering the best care the can to their patients.

I'll also be talking about Our Diabetes (#ourD) and showcasing the diabetes tweet chats that started last year. For those who don't know, Our Diabetes brings a new concept to tweet chats because they are hosted by a different member of the diabetes online community each week, they then discuss a diabetes topic of their choice. This doesn't just mean that patients are hosting but anyone who is involved in diabetes in some way can do the same.

As an admin member for Our Diabetes I've seen and heard really positive comments about Our Diabetes and hope that I can pass this on in my presentation. 

I just hope I do the #DOC and #ourD justice! 




SHARE:
© It's me, Laura Marie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig