Monday 12 May 2014

Guest Blog by Becky Reeve - Change the World

The following is a guest blog for #DBlogWeek written by Becky Reeve, Head of Professional Relations, sanofi diabetes.
Disclaimer: These are my own views & opinions and not necessarily those of my employer. I do not have diabetes nor do I care for anyone with diabetes. I am though, very passionate about the following:
Ensuring that the general population understand that T1 diabetes and T2 diabetes are different.
Ensuring that people with diabetes get access to the right care, the right treatment and from the right healthcare professional when they need it.
Ensuring that people with diabetes and the healthcare community that support pwd (people with diabetes have access to the right information to enable choice and individualised treatment.
In my role working for a pharmaceutical company that also cares passionately about diabetes I feel that I can use my role to positively influence the above. I am also very passionate about the benefit social media and in particular twitter, brings to the diabetes community. I use my role and the interactions I have with diabetes healthcare professionals to positively influence their thoughts around social media in the hope that I can convince them enough of its benefits so that they can signpost their patients to it.
What would I like to change? 
The way the pharmaceutical companies are viewed and often portrayed by the media & others. There are a lot of people in Pharma who care passionately about what they do and the people who receive their drugs, the research that is undertaken into providing new treatments and innovations and the treatments that are prescribed and then sold into the healthcare system. We are commercial organisations but large percentages of profits are massively re invested back into further research & development, and often into programs & projects that directly support the NHS, patients and carers. When I started in this role my first action was for sanofi diabetes to become JDRF's corporate partner in the UK. As you all know JDRFs vision is to provide a cure for T1 diabetes, which I believe is only a matter of time & money. By supporting this directly through our partnership I sincerely hope it will lead to a cure one day -which even us in Pharma want too........
SHARE:
© It's me, Laura Marie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig