Sunday 15 March 2015

The Diabetes UK Professional Conference - Time to Take Control







“After bouncing off stage I let out a huge sigh of relief. I looked around and saw faces staring at me, smiling at me, nodding and clapping... It was a very surreal moment, but one that will stay in my mind forever.”


I wrote this last year after delivering a presentation at the Diabetes UK Professional Conference about the Diabetes Online Community. I was able to provide an insight into what online support has to offer patients, their families and carers, and touching on how Health Care Professionals (HCPs) could introduce it to their patients. The audience was comprised mostly of HCPs, which gave me perhaps the biggest opportunity I’ve had to get my message across to those who can reach wide groups of patients. Social media may not be the biggest player when it comes to improving diabetes care, but you can’t deny that it has become a key influence for thousands of patients in the UK, if you want to find out for yourself then go online and listen to what they’re saying.

Tomorrow I will be heading off to London, once again, for the Diabetes UK Professional Conference, this year titled ‘Time to Take Control’... 





SHARE:
© It's me, Laura Marie

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig